Below you will find general salary and benefit information for residents and fellows at The Wright Center.
SALARIES (Academic Year 2014-2015)
- PGY1 — $53,872
- PGY2 — $54,872
- PGY3 — $55,872
- PGY4 — $58,552
- PGY5 — $58,766
- PGY6 — $60,529
Benefits are subject to change on an annual basis.
- Blue Cross of NEPA provides health insurance
- All employees have a $500 deductible PPO plan
- The Wright Center pays 80% of the premium
- You may search www.bcnepa.com to find a provider in your area
- Guardian provides dental insurance
- Dental coverage annual maximum is $1500
- You may search www.guardiananytime.com
to find a provider in your area
- The Wright Center pays 100% of the premium for individual dental coverage. If you wish to coverage dependents you are responsible for the difference in premium.
- Davis Vision provides vision insurance
- The Wright Center pays 100% of the premium for individual coverage. If you wish to cover dependents you will be responsible for paying the difference between the premiums.
- Sunlife provides long term disability coverage
- The Wright Center pays 100% of the premium
- The Wright Center provides coverage that pays a benefit of 60% of your earnings to a maximum monthly benefit of $5,000 per month
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
Flexible spending accounts (FSA) provide you with opportunity to set aside pre-tax dollars for certain out-of-pocket health care, dependent daycare, adoption expenses and transportation costs, thereby lowering the amount of income tax you pay through payroll.
RESIDENT VACATION LEAVE
Vacation leave is outlined in the resident’s contract as follows:
- Three weeks first year.
- Three weeks second year plus one week educational leave
- Three weeks third year plus one week educational leave.
- The conference stipend for R-2’s and R-3’s will be a maximum of $1,500.00 for a five-day conference, with prior approval. Lesser amounts of conference time may be taken; for example, a three-day conference. Only the conference, hotel and travel expenses, not to exceed the amount stated above, will be reimbursed for shorter conferences. Conferences will require prior approval by the program Director or Associate Program Director and should be presented to the GME Office well in advance of the scheduled conference.
RESIDENT HOLIDAY LEAVE
The following days are Wright Center Resident Official Holidays:
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving Day
- Memorial Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
The Wright Center provides labs coats to residents at no cost.
Available to all Residents at The Wright Center, as appropriate by program requirements.
Upon entry into their second year of training, residents are eligible for up to $400.00 for books/educational materials. All receipts must be presented for reimbursement.