The Wright Center is joining with Geisinger-Community Medical Center and other Scranton-area community wellness partners to celebrate “Be in Good Health” day on Friday, July 18.
Scranton is one of 16 semi-finalists in the Way to Wellville nationwide competition! The Way to Wellville – an initiative sponsored by HICCup, a nonprofit founded to encourage community led-innovation that results in healthier people and places – will ultimately pit five communities competing amongst themselves over five years for the greatest improvement in five measures of health.
On Friday, July 18, the advisory council of HICCup will be touring Scranton to assess its potential for improvement in health and wellness and to announce in a press conference if the Electric City has made its way to the Final Round.
– Free Pass Friday for new customers at Pfeffer’s Gym
– Free Pass Friday at Studio LA
– Free Pass Friday at CrossFit Scranton
– Run around Scranton with Scranton Running Company (Runners to meet at LVHA trailhead on Olive Street)
– Press Conference at City Hall
– Flash Mob performance with Allan Souza
– E.J. the D.J.
12:30 – 2:00 p.m.:
– Gardening and Food Program information from the Greenhouse Project (To be held by the Greenhouse in Nay Aug)
– Free yoga class hosted by Mission Yoga at Nay Aug Park (To be held in Nay Aug Park)
– Free Tai Chi class hosted by Scranton’s Qigong Center (To be held by the pond in front of the Everhart Museum)