All applications are accepted only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Our residency program participates in The MATCH – National Resident Matching Program for ACGME applicants.
- Completion of the ERAS common application form by October 1st
- A copy of your medical school transcript
- A copy of your USMLE transcript/COMLEX transcript (preferred a passage on first attempt)
- A copy of your current Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) current clinical letters of recommendation (must be dated within a year)
- A personal statement explaining your interest in the program to which you are applying.
- Preferred Medical school graduation date within five years of application
- A copy of your valid ECFMG certificate if an international medical graduate
- Designated Osteopathic Resident Appointment Policy for The Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education National Family Medicine Residency Program
The Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education accepts applicants who are U. S. Citizens, individuals with permanent resident status and a limited number of individuals requiring J-1 visa. US Clinical Experience required. (US Clinical Experience is defined as hands-on experience working with patients conducted in a US medical environment.)
Helpful Interview Day Information
Please see this important memo regarding interviews.
Interviews will be conducted virtually, through Thalamus (https://thalamusgme.com/) or Webex, depending upon the program.
A typical interview day consists of two (2) interviews, that can take approximately a total of one (1) hour:
- Program Director (20-30min): 1:1 Interview
- Panel Interview (20-30min): This will be a format consisting of a representative from our physician faculty, a resident and the program coordinator.
Some programs may conduct more than two interviews.
If selected for an interview, you’ll receive an invitation from Thalamus (if applicable). We’ll be offering both morning and afternoon sessions to accommodate and respect all time zones.
Once you schedule an interview with us, you’ll receive detailed information for your interview sessions, application instructions for virtual interviews and other pertinent information.
We will be offering social “Meet & Greet” events for you to meet with our current residents/fellows and learn more about us and our organization. These events are typically scheduled one week prior to the interview day.
At this time, our Residency and Fellowship Programs are unable to offer Second Looks for applicants.
We would be delighted to help you with any accommodations and advanced preparation for Interview Day! For any questions about your interview day, please reach out to Marina McLaughlin (email@example.com).