Selected as an Exemplar Primary Care Practice by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Group Health Research Institute, The Wright Center for Community Health Mid Valley operates as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and offers healthcare services for children and adults across Northeastern Pennsylvania. Our doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and medical support personnel collaborate with our patients to develop effective healthcare plans. Our primary care providers take into account all aspects of health, including possible mental/behavioral health needs, and can address these needs through our Center of Excellence service line which utilizes a full-service behavioral health suite, where our qualified and dedicated staff provide recovery services.
We are a learning organization, and patients will see a resident physician when they visit The Wright Center for Community Health Mid Valley. A resident physician holds a medical degree and works under the supervision of an attending physician. The patient’s interaction with the residents will help develop them to become the best doctors possible.
We welcome new patients of all ages and accept all insurance plans, including Medical Assistance, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, CHIP, Medicare and more. We operate as a safety-net provider of care, focused on delivering right-venue, high-quality, affordable health services to all regardless of insurance status. If a patient does not have health insurance and is not eligible for Medical Assistance, they may qualify for our sliding fee scale.
The Wright Center for Community Health Mid Valley Practice has received various awards and distinctions, including:
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation designated top 30 national “Primary Care Team: Learning from Effective Ambulatory Practices” (2012)
- HRSA Patient Pharmacy and Safety Gold Team Recognition for our “Wright Script” team (2013)
- University of California, San Francisco’s (UCSF) Center for Primary Care Excellence: National Models for High Performing Teaching Health Centers Demonstrating Care Delivery and Medical Education Transformation (2014)
- PA Department of Health Challenge Grant to Expand Primary Care Access (2009-2011 and 2011-2013)
- PA Department of Health Challenge Grant to Establish Oral Hygiene Services (2013-2015)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Ambulatory Davies Award Recipient (2015)
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) Accredited Diabetes Education Program (2016)
Browse Our Healthcare Services
Our patients say
"I've never connected with a provider the way I did at The Wright Center...they truly understood my needs."
- "I had no idea I could receive the specific care I need in my primary care office. It is extremely convenient for everything to be all in one place."
"I couldn't be more satisfied with my visit; the staff were caring, sympathetic and knowledgeable."
"The physicians and residents make me feel very comfortable. I am confident about the quality of medical care I receive here."
"I recently changed doctors to come to The Wright Center, and the transition has been seamless."