Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
The Wright Center’s Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Program, based on the award-winning UCLA Program, is designed to help you and your family with the complex medical, behavioral and social needs of Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia. Geriatricians, advanced practitioners and dementia care specialists are at the heart of the program and work with your primary care doctor/specialist to create and implement a personalized care plan.
WHAT ARE THE CORE COMPONENTS OF THE ADC PROGRAM?
Our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Program partners with community-based organizations to provide person-centered care for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. The program follows a co-management model that works closely with the primary care and/or referring physician to ensure that care is comprehensive and coordinated for the person with dementia and their family/caregivers.
- A 90-minute in-person visit with a Dementia Care Specialist
- A personalized care plan developed with the referring physician
- Follow-up phone calls or in-person visits to make sure the plan is implemented or modified as needed
- 24/7, 365-day-a-year access to caregivers for assistance and advice in order to avoid Emergency Department visits and hospitalizations
- Ongoing patient monitoring with at least one annual in-person visit to ensure that ongoing and emerging needs are met.