About The Wright Center for Community Health
- We care for patients using the Patient-Centered Medical Home Model, providing whole-person care that includes medical, behavioral/mental health and oral/dental services, all under one roof.
- At our growing network of Federally Qualified Health Center Lookalikes throughout Lackawanna, Luzerne and Wayne counties, no patient is turned away for lack of insurance or inability to pay.
- Our Ryan White HIV/AIDS clinical services cover a seven-county radius, offering a full continuum of care to people living with HIV and AIDS, while also providing preventive care to at-risk patients.
- We are recognized as one of the state’s leading Opioid Use Disorder Centers of Excellence.
- We are one of eight sites in the nation to adopt the award-winning Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Program developed by the University of California-Los Angeles (UCLA).
- We are recognized by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement as an Age-Friendly Health System.
- Annual Report 2019 - 2020
- Annual Report 2020 - 2021
About The Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education
- We are the nation’s largest Graduate Medical Education Safety-Net Consortium funded by the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration.
- What began in 1976 as the Scranton Temple Residency Program with just six Internal Medicine residents has grown into multi-specialty residency/fellowship programs that train more than 250 physician learners.
- We offer residency training in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine and Psychiatry, and fellowship training in Gastroenterology, Geriatrics and Cardiology.
- We have Family Medicine residency programs at partnering sites across the country, with doctors training in health centers in Washington, D.C., Washington state, Ohio and Arizona.
Areas of Expertise
Our extensive physician-faculty and board-certified providers can lend evidence- and experience-based clinical expertise and insight into a number of educational and health topics, including:
- Addiction and Recovery Services through our Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Opioid Use Disorder Center of Excellence
- Infectious Disease Management, including:
- Cutting-Edge Hepatitis-C Care
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Care and Prevention
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Testing, Evaluation, Treatment and Caregiver Support
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Health Information Exchanges and Interoperability
- Undergraduate Learning Opportunities, including Hometown Scholars
- Psychiatry/Psychology for All Ages
- Comprehensive Primary Care for All Ages